The Price of Inequality
by Joseph Stiglitz
Editor: Penguin Books Ltd
Enjoy this book on your E-Reader and in the format you prefer
Nobel Prize winner Joseph Stiglitz explains why we face such destructive high levels of inequality – and why it is not inevitable The top 1 percent have the best homes, the best education, the best doctors and the best lifestyles, but it is one thing that money does not seem to have bought an agreement that their fate is linked to how the other 99 percent liveThroughout history, this is something that the top 1 percent later learn too lateIn this book, Joseph Stiglitz identifies three main causes of our situation: that markets do not work the way they are supposed to (which is neither efficient nor stable); how political systems fail to correct market failures; and how our current economic and political systems are fundamentally unfairIt focuses mainly on the glaring inequalities of these systems give rise to, but also explains how they are inseparable from each other.Providing evidence that investment is not austerity, it is essential for productivity, and in proposing realistic solutions to level the playing field and increase social mobility, Stiglitz argues that reforming our economic and political systems is not only fairer, but it is the only way for markets to function as they really shouldJoseph Stiglitz was Chief Economist at the World Bank until January 2000He is currently Professor at Columbia Business School University and holds the Chair of Management Board and Director of Graduate Studies Summer Programs, Brooks Poverty in the World Institute, Manchester University.He won the Nobel Prize in Economics in 2001 and is the author of the best-selling Globalization and Dissatisfaction, The Roaring Nineties, for Making Globalization Work and Free Fall, all published by Penguin
Joseph Stiglitz – The Price of Inequality – Free
Format: ePub, MOBI and Pdf
In this site we encourage writing and creativity.